The anniversary death of Mary Frances Power Lalor is one hundred years this week (March 26th 1913-2013). The Power Lalors were well known Catholic Family in Tipperary.
John Lalor Cranagh and Longorchard is the man credited with being the founder of Templetuohy Village. The Lalors came to North Tipperary in the 17th century. Richard Shiel, a barrister, worked with Daniel O’Connell’s Catholic Association of Ireland and was linked to Templetuohy through his marriage to Anastasia Power Lalor. He is buried in the Power Lalor family tomb. John Lalor’s youngest son was the first person to be buried in the new tomb in 1809 and Stella Power Lalor was the last person buried there in 1951. Mary Frances Ryan married Capt Edmund James Power Lalor. It is to her the people of Templetuohy owe a debt of gratitude to for the organising of the building of the magnificent Church of the Sacred Heart Templetuohy and the beautiful stained glass window which she had commissioned in memory of her late husband with a fitting title “For The Greater Glory Of God”.
May she and all the Powers and Lalors and other members of their family who are with God Rest in Peace.