Race numbers and t-shirts must be collected during the following times only from LIT Thurles: Saturday 29th 10am-2pm or Sunday 30th 8am-9.30am
The ninth annual Tipperary Women's Mini Marathon will take place in Thurles this Sunday, 30th September at 11am. This event is a great opportunity for women of all ages to get active and take part in a local womens only event. All those who finish will receive a specially designed race medallion and a technical t-shirt sponsored by LIT Tipperary. The event is registered with the AAI and all participants will be chip timed. There is also a charitable donation of €200 to the largest group to register who are raising funds for charitable causes. There will also be spot prizes during the day.
Samantha Lambert, Captain of Tipperary Ladies Football team, launched the 2018 event in July with representatives from Tipperary Sports Partnership Isabel Cambie, Valerie Connolly, Elaine Cullinan and Marie Maher. The 2018 Tipperary Mini Marathon is funded through Sport Ireland's Women In Sport Programme and the 2018 committee comprises of members from Tipperary Sports Partnership, Thurles Crokes AC, Tipperary Athletics County Board, Tipperary County Council, Templemore-Thurles Municipal District, Thurles Gardai and Tipperary Civil Defence.
Race numbers and t-shirts must be collected during the following times only from LIT Thurles: Saturday 29th 10am-2pm or Sunday 30th 8am-9.30am. On the morning of the race the warm up will begin at 10.30am sharp and the race will start at 11.00am sharp.
Details of the Event:
- 10k route (6.2 miles)
- The event will take place on Sunday 30th September 2018. The event will start and finish at LIT, Thurles.
- Strictly over 18’s as per AAI rules for a 10k event.
- All participants must wear their official race number and chip timing, these must be collected at the LIT, Thurles on Saturday 29th September between 10a.m and 2p.m or Sunday, 30th September between 8a.m and 9.30a.m. (Please adhere to the Strict Closing Times: on both days)
- Swapping of race numbers is not permitted.
- The Race is AAI registered and permit granted.
- All participants will be Chip timed.
- There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, Wheelchair 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 1st Overseas Participant.
- All participants will receive a Race medalion and a technical tee-shirt
- Random Spot Prizes will be given out on the day
For further details or information please contact Tipperary Sports Partnership/ Tel: 0761-06-6201 (Clonmel) or 0761 065000 (Nenagh) or see www.tippminimarathon.ie