The recently formed Friends of the Simon Ryan Theatre in Tipperary Town are delighted to announce full details of the inaugural Simon Ryan Theatre Celebration of Drama. This fundraising event runs over the weekend of 12th - 14th April 2013.
Friday 12th April
• Thurles Drama Group will stage Arthur Miller’s “All My Son”- 8pm J15.00
Saturday 13th April
• The LIR presents “An Introduction to Physical Theatre” Youth Workshop 10am - 1.pm
• The LIR presents “An Introduction to Acting ” Youth Workshop 2pm - 5.pm
• Ballyduff Drama Group will stage Brian Friel’s “Dancing at Lughnasa” - 8.pm
Sunday 14th April
• Monkey Backstage will stage Rex Ryan’s “ The Park “ - 3.pm
Kerry Ryan, a director of the Tipperary Excel says the board and management are delighted with the exciting programme of dramatic art secured for the weekend, “We are very excited to be the first theatre outside of Dublin to welcome and host both The LIR, National Academy of Dramatic Art and Rex Ryan’s, (son of the late broadcaster Gerry Ryan) recently formed theatre company - Monkey Backstage, which aims to bring new contemporary drama to a youth audience”.
“I feel that my Dad, late Uncle Tony & cousin Cathal, (Stacumny Players & The Lir) all very passionate about the arts, would be well impressed by the top quality line up”. Ballyduff and Thurles Drama Group are currently completing on the amateur drama festival circuit, hoping to be finalists in the RTE All Ireland Drama Festival May 2013. Nightly admission is J15.00, while a two night theatre bundle is J25. Admission for a workshop is J10 while a two workshop bundle is J16. Sunday’s matinee of new mini plays is J10. Box Office: Ph 062 80520 / website: www.tipperary-excel.com. Information can also be found facebook page of Tipperary Excel as well as Friends of the Simon Ryan Theatre page.