Thurles Council Buys Land for Town Park
Thurles Town Council has announced that it has purchased eight acres of land from St Patrick’s College for the provision of a Town Park along the banks of the River Suir.
The news was broadly welcomed as being extremely positive news and it is expected that construction will begin before the end of the year - a car park is to be constructed first of all on the site of the old farmyard in St Patricks.
The council also announced having secured the option to purchase a strip of land for the prpvision of an inner relief road from Clongour, to the rear of the Erin Foods site, across the river and onto the Mill Road.
See this weeks Tipperary Star for full story.
- Gortnahoe mourns Camogie player (10)
- West Tipperary Senior Hurling Championship Clonoulty-Rossmore prove far too strong for Cashel
- Stay awake in Europe’s answer to the Big Apple
- Determined performance gives Eamon O’Shea hope for the future
- Brendan Maher hopes Tipp men can build on league final display
Search for a job
Weather for Tipperary
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: South