Exclusion of AEOS Measures ‘Discriminates’
IFA Rural Development Chairman Flor McCarthy said that the exclusion of some AEOS 3 measures such as tree planting and the planting of new hedgerows on parcels which have already been chosen for an area based payment will discriminate against smaller farmers who will now struggle to maximise their payment under the scheme.
The IFA Rural Development Chairman said this aspect of the AEOS 3 should be changed as it will limit payment as it narrows down significantly the measures which can be used to achieve the maximum €4,000 payment.
Meanwhile Flor McCarthy has urged farmers interested in the scheme to apply for the scheme without delay. It is important that the full 6,000 places are fully applied for and that the maximum drawdown of €20m is achieved.
- Gortnahoe mourns Camogie player (10)
- West Tipperary Senior Hurling Championship Clonoulty-Rossmore prove far too strong for Cashel
- Stay awake in Europe’s answer to the Big Apple
- Determined performance gives Eamon O’Shea hope for the future
- Brendan Maher hopes Tipp men can build on league final display
Search for a job
Weather for Tipperary
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: South