The Sacred Heart Primary School has drawn the curtain on another show stopping year with a spectacular school concert.
It was considered by the regular concert goers to have been the best one yet, and that’s saying something! From the live crib performed by the infant classes to the side splitting comedy by the senior classes there was something for everyone. The singing and dancing were highly complimented, coupled by fabulous costumes and impressive light work it was a night to remember. A special thank you to all the parents who helped with costumes and face painting. The support you have given your children and the school during the year is appreciated more than words can say. The children and teachers should all take a bow, the talent on show was second to none and the work that went into the concert was phenomenal. We hope you all have a peaceful and restful holiday and we wish you all health and happiness for the New Year.
People of the Year 2013
The 27th Roscrea People of the Year Awards 2013 will be presented at the Abbey Hall on Tuesday the 14th of January 2014 commencing with a comhaltas concert at 7.30pm. The 2013 Award Winners are: The founders and organisers of Pieta House, Ballyhall, Roscrea for a truly magnificent achievement
• Roscrea Ramblers for remarkable and outstanding social occasions, giving new joy to so many
• Theresa Larkin for her great community spirit and her tireless efforts, through her musical talents, to raise funds for charity
• Frankie Bergin for a lifetime of service to Roscrea, particularly as organist at St Cronan’s RC and musical director of RMS for well over 40 years.
• Roscrea Young person of the Year, Sophie Rowland, Sheehane winner of a National Child of Courage award.
• The Roscrea Heritage Award (sponsored by RHS): Joan Murray, motivator of the annual St Cronan’s Feast Day celebrations, prime mover of the CD, The 31 Wonders of Roscrea, and director of Roscrea Community Choir.
• Coláiste Phobal Ros Cré Senior Camogie Team, All-Ireland Champions
Admission to the awards evening is by voluntary donation in aid of Roscrea People projects at St Cronan’s Centre Grange and its outlying houses. Catering is by Gala Mulrooney Catering. The Award Certs and booklet are printed by Walsh printers, and the certificates are sponsored by Redmonds Photographers. Sound and vision generously provided by Ger O’Meara. More on this next week!